Sunday, August 21, 2016

Vacuum sealer, save money on your food bill





I already own a food saver brand. The one I own is about the size of this one. I was super excited for this one to arrive When it arrived I could not wait to try it out. It arrived securely packaged, there was no need to worry about it getting damaged during shipping.

I did what I always do when I get items in the mail and that is to check out the quality and look for defects. I want to make sure I am getting what I pay for. The over all construction of this sealer is really nice. I could compare it to my much more expensive food saver one. The controls of this one is much more user friendly though. It does come with a nice user manual, even though I did not need to read it because I previously own one.

It came with a few bags to start off with. This will help you get used to using it and so you realize how much easier this will make your life. I have a large family and only have my husband's income so I bulk shop when I do. Meats are way cheaper when bought in bulk. I am left breaking down the packages and then placing in freezer bags until I got my original vacuum sealer. I would have to use 2 ziplock bags sometimes just to make sure the meats did not get freezer burnt. I have found with these vacuum sealers that my meats will last a lot longer in the freeze then, they do with ziplock bags. I hate throwing away meat that has gone bad or freezer burnt, because that is a waste of money that I just don't have to waste.

I have also found, just trying it out that it will seal chip bags. I do not know how many times I have tossed stale chips out because my children leave the bags open. I think I am going to teach them how to seal it with this device. I know they love to use kitchen gadgets so this will be right up their alley!

When it comes to using, it is super simple, as I stated I am going to teach my children. That is how easy it is. You just put the desired item in the sealer bag, place the end in the sealing chamber, press lid down on both sides until you hear a click. Then you press the option you want. You can just seal it with out removing the air or remove air and then seal it. When you chose what you want to do, the lights will turn red while it is in progress once it is done the lights return to the normal blue color. My husband agrees with me, that this one seems to be a lot faster than my food saver. He was the one that pointed out the time. I was surprised that he was paying that much attention to how well this one worked.

I tried this out on a bag of M&M's just for photo reasons, so I had something to show in my review. Once it was done, All the air was out of the package. I am super pleased with this product. I have to say comparing it to my food saver, I wish I had seen this one first to say all the money I spent on my original vacuum sealer! I also love that you can chose what color you want it in! You will not go wrong with this product for the cost, and the amount of money you will save in the long run! I am one happy camper with this purchase! You can check it out HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment