Sunday, October 2, 2016

Record player


My husband has just started to really get into the old vinyl. I scoured local for sale sites and yard sales hoping to get him a record player. I found an older one, that we had to buy connecting wires to hook up to newer speakers/ sound bar. It was huge and looked really outdated, next to all of our new electronics. That sent me back on the hunt for a new updated one. When I seen this, I just knew that it would be perfect for my needs.

I could not wait for this to arrive. I was so excited to give it to him. It arrived in perfect condition. It looks like a little hard suit case. If you did not know what was inside it, you would really think it was a suit case. The outer shell is made of a hard durable plastic. It will withstand being tossed in the trunk to take on the go. The corners are covered in little metal "feet" to help protect the plastic when you sit it down, or if you accidentally bang it into something. There is a handle for easy transportation. The handle is made of the same nice hard plastic. It is also well attached. I did not feel like it was loose or going to break off.

Once I opened the case that is were the real awe came into play. It can play normal 33 records and has the adapter to play 35s I was not expecting that, so it was a major plus in my book. The arm of the record player locks into place, so you do not have to worry about it moving around during transportation.

It also comes with a couple extras, A needle guard. I have never bought a new record player so I am not sure if that is something that is always included or not, I just figured that I would mention it. It also comes with an extra needle. You also get an instruction manual to tell you about all the functions and how to operate it. You also get a wall charger, it comes in 2 pieces, the wire that has a usp end and the wall brick.

Once we turned this thing on, is when I realized how loud it was. I have to say inside my house I did not even need the volume half way up.The sound quality was great, I was surprised. I expected it to sound like one of those cheap portable speakers you buy. I have a new sound system, that I planned on hooking it to, to use the speakers that I already have, but I really don't need to.

This record player, allows you to enjoy the sound of playing vinyl but gives you all the convenience of today's technology. It has the option to hook up bluetooth. That way I can play, the playlist right off my iphone. That way I am not limited to only listening to the records that I have and lets face it, if I want to take this with me to a party, I am not going to drag every vinyl that I own, that would be a lot to carry.

It has an sd card slot, so you can record your favorite music from your vinyl to have it in digital mp3 format. It has a headphone jack so when you want to listen to music and no one around you does, you can listen to it. My favorite feature on this is the rechargeable battery. That really does make it portable. You can take it with you anywhere, even if you do not have electric outlets at the place you are going to be. Over all I can not find one flaw with this record player. I am really impressed with my purchase!  You can order your own HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment