Tuesday, November 8, 2011

my rant for the day !!!!!

Well I put on my happy face and my shopping shoes had my binder in hand and grand plans to save some money .. all was working out as i had planned before i left the house ! I walk up to the cashier with my smile on my face and said hi how are you today ? Just so we would start off on the right foot . I told her i was going to be price matching a few items and then proceeded to tell her what i was price matching and the price and the ad i had seen it in (i did not have the ad out even tho it was tucked in my binder )  She says she will have to call her manager because there was a big price dif in the items i was matching . I pulled out the ad to show her and then i pulled out my trusty copy of my coupon policy .She was new so i totally understand why she wanted to make sure that she was doing it right . The "manager" came over and explained how to do it so we proceed to check the rest of my items out , we get to the 2 dollar off coupons for tide and she looks the coupon over and said yeah your right there is no size limit , those were taken care of no problem . we then go to cash out and it needs the "manager" to ok the transaction because of all the price matching and coupons i used .. we once again waited over 5 min for the "manager" to come over .. well she had to look at all the coupons and then complained about the tide coupons .. the cashier told her i know we give cash back i seen it on my paper and i told her that i know you give cash back its in  your policy and i have used coupons before that have given me cash back , she comes back with a real snotty attitude to the cashier "well just give it to her then " she then walks out .. my total was 10.00 more than i expected so i wanted a copy of the receipt before i paid so i can find the mix up well the cashier did not know how to do that . so back came on the light so we waited for the snotty manager again .. she never came back  the cashier and i found out i was missing a coupon for 10.00 of one of the tooth brushes i bought so i pulled another one out of my binder and got the total down to the right price . then her machine had locked up because we had sat there so long in a middle of a transaction and we  had to wait for the bitch to come back and unlock it .. well finally a man came over and said "she went on break what can i do for you ?" the cashier explained what we needed .. he did it and told me good job on saving that much money ... The cashier was awesome but the manager was a major bitch to me and to the cashier .. needless to say i will be making a call to corporate tonight when my kids are settled down for the night .. my shopping trip was 85.60 before price matching  after it was 65.58 and then after coupons it was 11.79 and 4.21 of that was tax alone 

2 comments:

  1. I am happy to say, I have not run into any issues or bad managers/cashiers since I started couponing 3 months ago! :) Great story! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. good shopping with coupons gotta love those deals

    ReplyDelete